ADMINISTRATOR – Job Description – Posted 10/3/17
Purpose: The Administrator facilitates the day-to-day operations of Common Street Spiritual Center (CSSC), in order to help and support the staff and member of CSSC as we seek to fulfill our vision and mission, and live out our values. The Administrator works collaboratively with our Minister, Music and Arts Director, Sexton, Other Staff, Community Members, and Volunteers.
Qualifications: The position requires professionalism, confidentiality, and excellent computer and communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well-organized, creative, personable, entrepreneurial, and resonates with our mission and values.
Areas of Work:
- Building Access and Usage
Schedule use of the facility; process and manage facility rentals; maintain calendar on Google Docs and Website; provide tenant customer service and accountability; maintain positive relationships and fluid communication with tenants and other building users.
- Routine Bookkeeping Tasks
Use QuickBooks to produce checks to pay bills, and to enter income and expense data.
- Marketing and Communication
In-person meetings, phone calls; periodic mailings; updating website; posting on social media; producing bi-monthly newsletter; managing bulletin boards; hanging up flyers, etc.
- Organize and maintain paper filing system in the CSSC office.
- Coordinate cleaning, repair, maintenance of building with Minister, Sexton, and Building Committee; this may at times include supervision of contractors and volunteers.
- Assist the Minister and other staff with various administrative tasks as requested.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (Adobe Acrobat a plus)
- Google Email, Docs, and Drive
- Web content management (WordPress a plus)
- Some bookkeeping experience (QuickBooks a plus)
- Mailchimp or similar email marketing program a plus
- Job sometimes requires lifting objects of 35lbs and performing local errands
Supervision: The Administrator’s work is supervised by the Minister with weekly meetings; the Administrator also participates in quarterly staff meetings and occasional meetings with committees or teams of volunteers. Much of the Administrator’s work is self-directed. In addition, members of the CSSC Council may provide some direction.
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits: 20 hours per week @ $18 an hour (some flexibility in setting hours); One week paid time off during the first 8 months, increasing to 2 weeks paid time off per year after 8 months; there are no other benefits at this time. Position open until filled.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Rev. Dr. Ian Mevorach at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please discuss to what extent you meet the qualifications for this position and describe your prior experience with its areas of work.
If this does not seem like the right job for you…we also welcome your participation as a volunteer!